- North of Quito, visit a historic hacienda and travel to a traditional Indian village, Peguche, to meet a family of artists, who specialize in crafting traditional musical instruments
- Walk the volcanic rim of the caldera at Cuicocha Lake
- Explore Otavalo’s indigenous food market to sample some exotic fruits in a market atmosphere.
- Take a photography lesson with Maria Teresa Ponce, a recognized photographer, who provides instruction and smart tips producing professional wildlife pictures
- Explore the Andes close up and on foot with a three-day trek between mountain lodges for an amazing hiking adventure
Note: This journey involves hiking in high altitudes.